Accessing new software downloads

TransTRBO - a lightweight Dispatcher/GPS Tracker for MOTOTRBO(TM) Radios.
To access new software releases - you must join the forums.
critreviso

Re: Accessing new software downloads

Post by critreviso »

Administrator wrote:Hi Antonio,

I hope the application is working well for your group.

The Italian translation may need updating - if you are interested. :D

cheers
Will Beattie
of course! We will be very happy to help you with Italian translation!
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

critreviso wrote:
of course! We will be very happy to help you with Italian translation!
Hi Antonio,

I've a text file that has all the English (plus previous - early Italian translation) phrases used by TransTRBO and it's in the form:-

Code: Select all

"English Text 1"="Italian Text 1"
"English Text 2"="Italian Text 2"
etc
There are quite a number of items :oops: but there is no rush ...

cheers
Will B
Geriatrics Generate Methane.
Grafitti Clifton Hill 1974
Living proof 2021
critreviso

Post by critreviso »

Hey Will

how are you?

I can't find the file, where is it?

please

thanks

Antonio
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Hi Antonio,

I had to go interstate yesterday - I'll put it in the Translation section of the forums today 17 Jan 2016.

Thanks for your help.

cheers
Will B
Living proof 2021
KE4FHH

Post by KE4FHH »

I tried to send an email to you (Will), but I can't find your email, so I used the "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page. I also tried to use the PM feature, but it would not let me as I don't have enough posts. Looking forward to trying this out on the ham bands!
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Hi Scott,

I received your Admin contact email - but a lot of it is in Ham-speak - which I am not fully conversant with - as yet!
(Although a couple of trouble makers on these forums are pressing me ;) ).

Just for today, I decided to do some woodwork and thus your original message is still unanswered atm :shock:

Lexicon update required ..
NC PRN = ?
Tone and Digital remote setups = ?

ROIP = Radio Over IP (I'm guessing - so help me out here) :D

LAN - Maybe you should look at this other project I'm trying to kick start - a Windows LAN based Server/Service -
Caveat: Not for beginners or the faint hearted
http://www.transtrbo.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=46 - it's in Beta, doco and interface require lots and lots of feedback, it has most Motorola Radio Command and Control over IP running (script of Binary API)
(New Lexicon: RCCIP ;) )
plus it has VOIP = mic -> PC-> LAN -> Server -> Radio -> Radio Network etc and back again
It will also connect with - up to 8 x Base Stations concurrently, individually addressable.
The API is done with the idea of Hams/Developers writing their own apps in in their preferred coding language and preferred OS platform - using text scripts or Binary format.

I'll now send you a TransTRBO license - it will only connect to 1 x Base Station Control Radio at a time (LRRP + Revert, ARS, TMS radios excepted) etc

cheers (I'll now have a coffee and back to sawing, hammering etc :D)
Will
Living proof 2021
KE4FHH

Post by KE4FHH »

Sorry. The NC PRN is a network of DMR repeaters for the state of North Carolina. It is strictly a digital ham radio network that covers North & South Carolina, Parts of Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia and Washington DC.

Remotes:
Tone - Uses audible tones to channel steer, transmit, receive, etc on a radio over 600 Ohm lines, i.e., phone lines. You can control a base station or repeater from a location many miles away from the transmitter. You are limited in control as there are a limited number of audible tones that are available. Hence, the limit on channel steering (changing of the channels) is limited to 16. Zetron, Motorola, CPI and other manufacturers have been making tone remotes for decades. MC2500, C100, C200 are just a few remote options.

Digital - Digital allows full control over CAT5 LAN (Local Area Network - non-internet based) cables. The remote acts like a full control head for the base station, except it can be up to 5000 feet away from the radio. There are ways to extend that to many miles using tone boards. The 16 channel limit is gone and everything that you can do with the radio locally, you can do with the digital remote. These have been around for quite a while too, just not as long as the tone remotes. Options include the Motorola MC3000 or the RCH3000. This option is limited to certain types of radios, specifically, the Astro Spectra Consolette, XTL5000 Consolette, MCS2000 and some iDen products. This would be my best solution, but Motorola never released a MotoTRBO option.

LAN - You already knew what that was.

ROIP - You got that too.

This really is an awesome project that is going to fill the DMR gap in my setup. Thank you for doing this!
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the info (Lexicon) ;)

Please remember TT - isn't LAN based, it's just a dispatcher that connects via USB/Bluetooth to a local Base Station radio.
TTServer is LAN based but it also need to be connected locally to Base Station radios via USB/Bluetooth.

cheers
Will
Living proof 2021
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Hi guys,

ATM I'm in the middle of porting the Registration Process to Application/Web based - so, I'll be a bit slow at responding

cheers
Will B
Living proof 2021
jackgibbins

Post by jackgibbins »

Hi Will,

is there any option that I could have a licence for the same radio's but to be connected to different PC's?

Thanks
Jack