GPS over repeater

Please start a new thread for each new topic. Topics may end up in the FAQ ...
mobicomm

GPS over repeater

Post by mobicomm »

Hi everyone,

We've been playing around with this and I've run into an issue.

When we're running over a simplex channel, this works great. However when we flick a couple of our RTs over to our repeater channel, I can't seem to get any results.

The control radio is a DM4600, the other radios are a DP4801e, a DM4601e and a DM3601. The repeater is a distance away, so let's ignore the DP for now. We thought perhaps RAS and encryption may have been causing issues, so we've flicked over to a customers repeater who aren't using slot2 no RAS and no encryption and still not seeing the RTs, and they time out when we do a manual poll. I can confirm the RTs are working over the repeater for voice. Also Texts and Radio Checks are successful.

Have others had success over repeaters? I'm open to everyones ideas.
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: GPS over repeater

Post by Administrator »

Hi there.

Thanks for the info -
I'll chase this up tomorrow!

If I don't respond please give me a "jiggle" to look into it!

cheers
Will

BTW: I need some testers for a "Repeater interface"!
Geriatrics Generate Methane.
Grafitti Clifton Hill 1974
Living proof 2021
mobicomm

Post by mobicomm »

sounds good Sir,

I think all of our repeaters are on loan to customers currently, but feel free to sing out with more information and we'll see what we can do :)
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Hi mobicomm,

I just emailed you Phill's direct office phone number. Please call him.
If it hasn't arrived please advise me.

cheers
Will & Phill
Living proof 2021
phillharden

Post by phillharden »

Hi Mobicomm, it sounds as though your tests have confirmed that RAS is not the issue. I would like to know how your mobiles are set up under the Tx settings for your channel. There is a GNSS (or GPS) Revert field and if you are using the same channel for Voice / ARS and GPS that should be selected as the current channel. I think Motorola assume most people will want to use a separate channel / timeslot for GPS updates and you certainly will need it if you want say 1 minute updates form more than 10-15 radios. However for testing make sure the current channel is selected. beyond that I would need to see the codeplug for the radio. I really doubt it is repeater related.
Cheers, Phill.
mobicomm

Post by mobicomm »

thanks for the reply team! I got the number today but was out on a job all afternoon, and will be in prison all day tomorrow (hopefully they'll let me out ;) )

Will definitely be in touch! :) but may not be until Wednesday

Cheers,

Richard
DiGiTaL D

Post by DiGiTaL D »

Administrator wrote:BTW: I need some testers for a "Repeater interface"!
Dumb question, but can I run MTArsWatcher on a PC directly connected to an XPR 8400 repeater or do I need a separate control station radio? I assume if yes, I would need to run it over the USB connection between the PC and the repeater.
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Hi
Sorry for the delay in replying.

I did have an incomplete Repeater monitor Windows App ..
https://transtrbo.com/files/XcmpXnlRepe ... er1031.zip

It's 4 x years since I worked on any of this ... and my memory isn't what it used to be

cheers
Will
Living proof 2021
kb9gxk

Post by kb9gxk »

Is there any chance of getting the source to https://transtrbo.com/files/XcmpXnlRepe ... er1031.zip? I run a non-profit, and we have an XPR-8400 repeater. It's the only Motorola equipment we have. We are looking at switching to digital, and the only issue we have is our Net-Control radio does not have a display, so using the IPSC to listen to capture the Radio IDs and display them (I would convert the IDs to Names/Locations) would allow for our Net-Control to determine who they are speaking with for proper logging purposes. The only thing I would need to monitor is the Voice Calls on the IPSC side of the repeater. Having tested the above app, we can properly communicate with the repeater to get the information.
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Sorry for the delay in responding.
I can only supply the source for what isn't Motorola Proprietary IP - and it would take me a while to work out what is open and what is covered by the NDA.

cheers
Will
Living proof 2021