XcmpXnl Audio Configuration

Please start a new thread for each new topic. Topics may end up in the FAQ ...
pk2220

XcmpXnl Audio Configuration

Post by pk2220 »

Hi i am an Aussie foundation amateur and just getting into radio. I just stumbled on your fantastic XcmpXnl test tool.

I would love to be able to record the incoming audio from my radio onto my PC but unfortunately cannot setup any sort of Audio configuation. My input and output devices can be selected as well as the format and but upon clicking OK on the bottom left nothing happens. I have tried with the 'Audio Enabled' check box ticked and unticked. The 'Audio Setup' screen is just overlayed ontop of the main program screen and does not go away until either 'Cancel' or the 'X' is clicked.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT:

I just realised i may have put this in the wrong section. Sorry
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: XcmpXnl Audio Configuration

Post by Administrator »

Hi Pk220,

XcmpXnl.exe is a test tool which contains the Motorola Radio Control & Command section of working code from the TransTRBO windows application.

IIRC (it's been a while now) I never bothered transferring the actual voice comms software into it, as there was little interest (although all the code stubs are in there).

Both Phill & I are old buggers now & basically retired, but please feel free to explain what you're after..

ICYMI: The complete TransTRBO app is now FreeWare for all Radio HAMS and Volunteer type groups.

I also no longer have access to a Motorola Repeater, so my experimental work in that area has also stopped (unless you have one ;) ).
(HAMS get special treatment as they helped us test test so much of this while we were developing this.).

IIRC I am still a licensed as an Authorised Application Provider (Mototrbo) until next year - so if you'd like something developed and are willing to help test it - now may be your last chance!

Below is a working product which I was hoping would generate some interest ... but alas ...
https://www.transtrbo.com/forums/viewto ... f=54&t=122

Please feel free to continue this discussion in here if it pleases you - I need some urging to get off my butt. :roll:

cheers
Will (Analyst/Coder)
&
Phill (ex-Motorala Dealer & Aussie Ham Operator)
Geriatrics Generate Methane.
Grafitti Clifton Hill 1974
Living proof 2021
pk2220

Post by pk2220 »

Hi Will and Phill

Thanks for the quick reply.

I was originally looking for a lightweight tool to output audio from the radio to a compute stick then capture it for recording and possibly be able to playback on the same radio at a later time for those who may have missed the scheduled Net.

Could RX/TX audio be added easily to XcmpXnl?

This may be able to be done on TransTRBO but i have yet been able to get my radio to connect like it does to XcmpXnl. I think i need to register it?

Ideally id like to use the program with the lowest use of resources such as XcmpXnl as it will be running on an old intel atom compute stick.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks
pk2220

Post by pk2220 »

Hi can i get a confirmation number for this registration Sig

70+fNZ+uybv42AmP0KINX1WbE/l744TBhsHWm9sZM4o=N4==

Thanks
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Hi pk2220,

Would you please contact Phill using the request form on this page please: https://www.transtrbo.com/support.php
We've found email the best & quickest way to do this.

Additionally, please view this link for Audio requirements https://www.transtrbo.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=23
Phill and others have put quite a few notes there about the requirements.

I'll start having a look at upgrading the XcmpXnl.exe App soonish. :shock:

Another point is, I do have a chunk of Windows code in the TTServer/TTService App that would transmit a pre-recorded message aka "a Canned Message".
IIRC this is also embedded in TransTRBO - but, I think it just currently lacks a selection/user interface!

i.e. You can record a voice message/alarm/sound etc., then play it back across the Radio network - it was originally to be used by the Bus Company - but they dropped the requirement!

cheers
Will
Geriatrics Generate Methane.
Grafitti Clifton Hill 1974
Living proof 2021