Trying to get GPS polling to work on XPR radios.

Please start a new thread for each new topic. Topics may end up in the FAQ ...
GaryL245

Re: Trying to get GPS polling to work on XPR radios.

Post by GaryL245 »

NOTE: I've addressed the last few post's to Will, but if anyone has any recommendations, please make suggestions. -- Gary
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Trying to get GPS polling to work on XPR radios.

Post by Administrator »

Hi Gary,

The problem is with how the radios are programmed - ARS on TT has been working for over 4 x years without a hickup - and CPS only gives you about 40% of what you need to know.

This is only slightly connected with GPS/LRRP - in being your radio will not respond to GPS/LRRP requests unless ARS is enabled. The radio's GPS/LRRP doesn't care if the radio's ARS is setup correctly or not - GPS/LRRP will work in either case - BUT only if ARS is enabled.

Please start a new Thread called "Trouble Shooting ARS" or something while I look through my emails - Actually Dan and Phill helped me out recently when I couldn't get my Portable to send an ARS Request - they both solved it for me with their knowledge of CPS programming. (i.e. the setting I was after was hidden in Channels/Zones section of CPS for the Radio)

Dan also had a problem where ARS wasn't getting through to TT - but worked perfectly when he installed TT on a pristine PC - something he had installed on his other PC (probably Motorola) was intercepting the ARS messages - so these are some of the pitfalls.

(BTW: These are Radio programming problems - Ham forums would be able to handle these types of question better than I can).
http://forum.motorola-radio-support.co.uk/index.php#2
or
http://www.p25.ca

cheers
Will

For Lexicon:
LRRP is Motorola's acronym for GPS
Location Request and Response Protocol
Geriatrics Generate Methane.
Grafitti Clifton Hill 1974
Living proof 2021