Read Zones function

Please start a new thread for each new topic. Topics may end up in the FAQ ...
wcollier

Re: Read Zones function

Post by wcollier »

Morning Will,

This is a first generation XPR 4550 Motorola mobile, so Monochrome (green) display, 1 text line for contact info, and 1 for contact/channel info (so 2 lines), and since its the 1'st gen I guess the answer to new formatting would be 'no'.

Hope that helps.
Will, KB5WRK
wcollier

Post by wcollier »

A quick follow up.

I tried to manually add a zone to the zone table for the first time, and it did not work.

Click "Modify Zones", brings up the empty Zone list, and right click on wind, click 'Add New'. Nothing happens.

FYI.

Will
Will, KB5WRK
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Hi Will,
Thanks to you, I think this has now been resolved in the latest Vn 0.1.1.2 update released 8 December 2015.

cheers
Will B
Geriatrics Generate Methane.
Grafitti Clifton Hill 1974
Living proof 2021
wcollier

Post by wcollier »

Good deal. Thanks for all of your efforts Will. Its working great now.

Will, KB5WRK
Will, KB5WRK
GaryL245

Post by GaryL245 »

All, I am having the same problem trying to load the zone/channel (call groups, here) into the list. They seem to come down from the radio (Moto 7550) ok, but the list is empty when I check it. I've tried a number of time and get the same results. The zone/channel line on the bottom of the screen is correctly displaying the current zone/channel information from the radio and the zone/channel buttons are functioning correctly. -- Gary
GaryL245

Post by GaryL245 »

By the way, I'm using the current 0.1.1.6 version of the software, a Motorola 7550 and SQLite . -- Gary
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Hi Gary,

Are you running as capacity Plus, how many display lines are on your radio etc?
How many Zones and Channels do you have?
(Have you tried adding your Zones/Channels manually?)

thanks
Will
Geriatrics Generate Methane.
Grafitti Clifton Hill 1974
Living proof 2021
N7SLC

Post by N7SLC »

HI Will,

This is working OK for me. For reference, I'm using the latest build 0.1.1.6 with a UHF XPR4550 in Capacity Plus mode.

Thanks,

Dan
GaryL245

Post by GaryL245 »

Will, We are not using Capacity Plus. We have not addressed getting messages across the Cbridge. We can definitely use any expertise from the forum on that subject. Up to now, we have had to be on the same repeater to send data messages. I have 4 lines on my 7550. It says I have eleven fields and I am supposed to have thirteen fields. I believe I tried to enter the fields manually and it would not let me. As for zones and channels (talk groups) I have about 20 zones and an average of maybe ten channels. I will add that I have several zones that are not DMR. 440 MHZ FM repeaters and some US GMRS channels. I don't know if that makes a difference. I'm thinking about getting a Motorola 5550 that will be used strictly with the transTRBO software. As yet, I do not have that. I use either my 7550 portable or the 5550 from my truck. Mostly the 7550 portable. I'm having a lot of trouble getting all the lists to load. I'm having the same problem with the user list that I'm having with the zone/channel list. These were working OK in earlier versions of TT. -- Gary
GaryL245

Post by GaryL245 »

Ref: Postby wcollier » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:34 pm
A quick follow up.
I tried to manually add a zone to the zone table for the first time, and it did not work.
Click "Modify Zones", brings up the empty Zone list, and right click on wind, click 'Add New'. Nothing happens.
--------------------
I get exactly the same result when I try to enter manually into the zone/channel list.. -- Gary