Map issues when making config changes.

Please start a new thread for each new bug detected. This will allow for easy tracking and hopefully, contributions by others.
Forum rules
Please state the Version number of TransTRBO, the Database type (Registry, SQLite or MySQL) that you are using.
This will help in tracking any bugs
fireman1374

Map issues when making config changes.

Post by fireman1374 »

TransTRBO Version 0.1.0.7 Database: registry

When entering the configuration pages, making changes and hitting OK, the google maps selection will revert to roadmap.
For instance, I enter config, select hybrid map, download all the maps for different zoom levels. Click OK and the maps work fine. If I go back to the configuration change any other item, audio source for instance, click ok and the maps reverts to roadmap, it is easily fixed by entering configuration again and selecting roadmap and hit ok, then the maps are back to my preferred map and it stays there.

Off the topic of bugs, I have a MYSQL server on the network, if I were to setup the database on MYSQL, what benefits would I realize?

Thanks for all your work, I am really enjoying the program!
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Map issues when making config changes.

Post by Administrator »

Hi fireman1374,

Thanks for the feedback and bug report - I'll look into that now.

If you use MySQL - then the data you save i.e. GPS logged positions, Radio call history (IIRC it was a few years back this was written), Contact List, ARS etc is all then available to other Database users who wish to make their own queries.
(Notes: http://www.transtrbo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=40 )

You could query the position of a specific Radio over a set time period and produce a log of that includes position + call times made to/from that radio during that period - err what can I say - it will allow you to more easily analyse recorded events.

You will need a 3rd party query tool to do this, as I didn't add any SQL querytools to TransTRBO.

cheers
Will B
Geriatrics Generate Methane.
Grafitti Clifton Hill 1974
Living proof 2021
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Hi fireman1374,

Hopefully Vn 0.1.0.8 will fix the bug you found!
(Now released)

cheers
Will B
Living proof 2021
fireman1374

Post by fireman1374 »

You are welcome, everything works great now. Thank you for all the hard work! If I see anything else, I'll post. I will try setting up MYSQL. Those query tools are exactly what I am looking for. I would like to send the database records to a webpage and allow a user to query specific points, mainly for speed. Could even set it up to query specific times and dates.
-Mark
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Hi Mark,
I code a little bit in PHP on Apache Web servers plus MySQL - so I believe that an Apache web server can access a MySQL database (local or remotely) when a user views your pages.
But there should be others who are more experienced in this area - but feel free to discuss it here and see if you get any other contributions.

I'd be interested to see your progress. :D

cheers
Will
Living proof 2021