Server Busy on launch

Please start a new thread for each new bug detected. This will allow for easy tracking and hopefully, contributions by others.
Forum rules
Please state the Version number of TransTRBO, the Database type (Registry, SQLite or MySQL) that you are using.
This will help in tracking any bugs
wcollier

Server Busy on launch

Post by wcollier »

Hi Will,

This may/may not be a bug. It's possible its a localized/system issue on my end, but I'm not really sure what it would be if that's the case. I'll run it by you.

Since day one, when I launch TransTRBO, there is a delay of about 6 seconds or so (after I enter login credentials) after the main window pops up, and then a smaller window with the message "Server Busy..." pops up. There's a button on the window which allows "Switch To", and when that is clicked, the launch continues ok.

I'm using the simple registry config at the moment, so not sure what the issue is.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Will C., KB5WRK
Will, KB5WRK
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Server Busy on launch

Post by Administrator »

Hi Will,

The 6 x second delay is about how long Windoze takes to supply a list of Network Adapters - the other problem was something to do with the use of Copy and Paste (I think) it was a Windoze problem that was fixed in Win 7 - so what version of Windows are you running please.

I'll see if I can remember (I'll check my change logs - that is ;) ).

cheers
Will B
Geriatrics Generate Methane.
Grafitti Clifton Hill 1974
Living proof 2021
wcollier

Post by wcollier »

Will -

I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise, SP1, 64bit - the current/patched (up to date) version.

Also, I sent you an email if you have a minute to check that out. It has a couple of attachments.

Thanks,

Will C., KB5WRK
Will, KB5WRK
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Hi Will,
I just found it in my Junk mail - I will usually answer any emails as soon as I receive them so if I don't do so - please try again :(
cheers
Will B
Living proof 2021
GaryL245

Post by GaryL245 »

Since day one, when I launch TransTRBO, there is a delay of about 6 seconds or so (after I enter login credentials) after the main window pops up, and then a smaller window with the message "Server Busy..." pops up. There's a button on the window which allows "Switch To", and when that is clicked, the launch continues ok.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Will, I'm having this same problem. I'm using Windows 7 x64 with all the latest "fixes". Once I go to "switch to" click on it the start button window comes up. If I click on anywhere in TT everything goes to normal. -- Gary
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Hi Gary,

I once traced this problem down in XP - it was due to Windows doing lots of things in the background (OLE Server - which I only use it in the Registration Dialog - for Cut & Paste). It seemed to be Time related and in programming terms - it is a "Race Condition" problem.

It seemed to have vanished in Win7 - maybe it's crept back in again.

cheers
Will
Living proof 2021
GaryL245

Post by GaryL245 »

It's not a problem, but I did want to let you know I heard from it and it said - "I'm BACK.."