Support for other radios

Please start a new thread for each new topic. This will allow for easy tracking and hopefully, contributions by others
W1VAN

Support for other radios

Post by W1VAN »

Any chance using Transtrbo with the new Chinese radios, Anytone 578 or radios other than motos and testing with shark RF openspot hotspots
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Support for other radios

Post by Administrator »

Hi W1VAN,

Chinese (CCP) :evil: those Chinese?

Do you have access to their API/Development documentation?
(As well as the radio themselves?)

Good to know you're alive and well! :D

cheers
Will
Geriatrics Generate Methane.
Grafitti Clifton Hill 1974
Living proof 2021
phillharden

Post by phillharden »

Hi Guys, I have no experience with anything other than Hytera. Even that experience is not recent, certainly not since the Motorola lawsuit against them. They were probably the closest to Motorola and yet they didn't use the same protocol for GPS and messaging. They certainly had a full API package to permit developers to interface their gear to PC apps like TransTRBO. We obtained the API but there simply wasn't the demand for porting TT to Hytera.
I believe there is still some 'proprietary' Motorola stuff in there even though DMR Tier2 is meant to be open. I have no knowledge about Anytone. If I had to guess, I would say that they would be a closer copy than even Hytera, working on the hope that the big 'M' won't see them a threat.
Even if these smaller players are 100% 'over the air' compatible, there is no reason why they would also develop that PC interface as well.
The RF Hotspots may well see them as just DMR.

Cheers,

Phill.
W1VAN

Post by W1VAN »

Hi, Will Hi Phill, look up the Anytone AT 578 dmr radios. the radios have been out to the market for about a year. I have one in the shack. It has bluetooth and gps . I do not have access to developers package but you may be able to get that. the cps is a free download from this website https://bridgecomsystems.freshdesk.com/ ... -downloads for you to look at. many settings. Its just a idea to use less expensive radios. With the open spot hot spot using the internet from a cell phone can create private networks for communicating.https://www.sharkrf.com/products/openspot3/

W1VAN
pierluigi.p

Post by pierluigi.p »

Hi all, I just signed up and i can't wait to try this software. I am the TLC Leader of a USAR group in Italy. I have read that it is only compatible with Motorola radios, if I had the Hytera radios API would anyone be interested in interfacing the Hytera as well so as to make the product unique?
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Hi pierluigi,

I had the Hytera API a few years ago - IIRC they were different for different Radio types - or something odd.

How static are their API's now.

cheers
Will
Living proof 2021
pierluigi.p

Post by pierluigi.p »

Hytera send me API latest month...I can send you document if you are interested.
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Hi pierluigi,

Do you have a link or you can email me them directly.

If you've asked Phill for a registration key - I'm usually CC:'ed as well.

That is my home email or you can use webmaster or administrator at transtrbo dot com

cheers
Will
Living proof 2021
pierluigi.p

Post by pierluigi.p »

Done...sent email @administrator. Let me know if you got it. Thanks
Muxlow

Post by Muxlow »

Any updates on if anyone has gotten a hytera radio working?
I use to use this program in 2010 ish for a bus company using all motorola gear but now we have switched to hytera dmr (MD782's and RD982 repeaters) And would love to get this set up to see GPS location, or at the very least last radio to key up and be able to transmit front a desktop computer with a headset