PTT Tab wish list

Please start a new thread for each new topic. This will allow for easy tracking and hopefully, contributions by others
Mad4Radio

PTT Tab wish list

Post by Mad4Radio »

Ok I may have mentioned It In a email to will so apologies will, Here's my wish list for the PTT tab, I'll refer to fig 1 In the Image as when In conversation with the other party fig 1 refers to the radio receiving what Is been seen In the PTT tab minus some icons indicating group or private calls, I'm thinking would It be possible to add such as a Group Icon indicating that the call at that particular time Is a group call i.e a group of x3 heads as Is what Is already implemented Into the console also same for a private call which will show In the PTT tab when receiving the other station as a single head indicating Its a private call as shown as fig 2(for group) & fig 3(for private).
I've also noticed looking at fig 4 In the Image I've attached that up In the top left hand side corner the signal Indicator appears as a black Indication on the Incoming signal which makes It very hard to see so I'm wondering If this can be amended so that the Incoming signal of the other party Is noticeable by changing the colour to something other than black, I'm also unsure to what the little white box Is next door to the green traffic L.E.D which I'm guessing relates to the channel as when It switches back over to the main screen the white square box disappears & shows as the channel on at the time.

Regards All & loving the console keep up the good work.

Colin
Attachments
PTT tab1.JPG
PTT tab1.JPG (74.94 KiB) Viewed 12889 times
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: PTT Tab wish list

Post by Administrator »

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the feedback - it's efinitely what I wanted.
I will definitely add those icons. (Probably next weekend).

Also, there is a heap of other indicators that are available - I just need you guys to tell me what is important and then the time to actually "draw" them.

(Hopefully you can work them out from this coding list, ==> is done)

Available Indicator List:

Code: Select all

EIID_LowBattery			// off/on
		EIID_Monitor		// off/on
		EIID_Secure		// off/on/secure
		EIID_PrivateCall			// off/on
		EIID_Scan		// off/on/vote scan
		EIID_Priority		// off/on
		EIID_DirectMode		// off/on
		EIID_MenuBarLSK		// off/on
		EIID_MenuBarMSK		// off/on
		EIID_MenuBarRSK		// off/on
==>		EIID_RedLED		// off/on
==>		EIID_GreenLED		// off/on
==>		EIID_Power		// off/low/high
==>		EIID_RSSI		// off/range1 ~ 7
==>		EIID_YellowLED		// off/on
(Modified to ensure no Motorola IP is shown).
Geriatrics Generate Methane.
Grafitti Clifton Hill 1974
Living proof 2021
Mad4Radio

Post by Mad4Radio »

Hi will apologies for the slightly late reply, Out of fairness will I think the L.E.D indicators a absolutely fine the way they are, A 100% floorless update to the new version if I may say so. The only snag that been relates to fig 4 in the original image above which as you can clearly see on the enlarged screengrab on fig 4 showing they's information they not correctly been displayed such as the received signal strength indication bar along with what I'm guessing with the white small square icon which I'm guessing relates to the channel number.
Having another play about today with it I have picked up on something else that I'm just in the process of putting it together so I can post on the forum but it's something nothing will just need to double check that it's working in one of the other previous versions of TT before I submit my findings.

All in all I've said it once & I'll say it again "cracking software" ;-)

Speak to you soon will all the best & the most kindest regards

Colin
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Hi guys,

FYI - this version currently isn't handling any of the "in-line" graphics. (Including the icons that Colin is after).
Previous versions would have shown either "_" or a coloured text character - neither of which IMO, was particularly informative.

I will do some more work on this section next weekend.

Will
Living proof 2021
Mad4Radio

Post by Mad4Radio »

Hi will hope all Is well,
Here's the submitted info, On previous versions In regards to the private alert for arguments sake you enter an ID of the radio you want to private alert you'll enter the radio ID so 1234567 the private alert can go ahead.
On the new latest version when you go to private alert the other radio it will only allow you to input 6 digits as Its missing the seventh digit i.e the number 7 so 1234567 can not be private alerted as It will only allow you to Input 123456. Is It possible you can allow for that extra digit to be added as per other versions????

Thanks Will take care & keep up the good work ;-)
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Hi Colin,

Sorry about the delay in responding, I'm a bit busy on another project atm.

BTW: Have you tried entering 7 x digits and seeing if they are being sent - it may only be that I'm not displaying all 7 (i.e. display field is too small).

cheers
Will

P.S. You should add a "Ticketing" thread to the wish list - but you'll have explain what it is.
Living proof 2021
Mad4Radio

Post by Mad4Radio »

Hi will,
In regards to the 7th digit I have tried & Its not having It will, It will only allow you to add upto x6 digits & only send a private alert to a 6 digit ID.

I'll put something together tommorow In regards to ticketing & submit It on the forum but another handy little feature hopefully that could be Implemented Into the console, All fine on working on the other project as I'm guessing TT Is done In your free time but stunning If I can say on behalf of myself & other members that have played with TT & appreciate the hard work your doing with It.

Take care will & hopefully chat soon buddy ;-)

P.S (ticketing) I submit some info tommorow via the forum pal.

Best Regards Will

Colin
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Hi Colin,

Re: The bug you appear to be getting with only 6 x digits.

Sorry, but I can't duplicate the problem - I've tried the Alert KeyPad and can enter "12345678".
(In both Touch Screen and Normal display mode - well I can see 1/2 of the 8 ;) ).

This part of the code has been running (unchanged) for over 2 x years - I've never heard of this problem before. :o

cheers
Will
Living proof 2021
W1VAN

Post by W1VAN »

If the PTT pane could float on top of all windows programs. maybe a check in a setup menu for PTT pane "always on top" So a dispatcher could work on other computer work and still have the PTT available, without having to change programs to get where the PTT is. Perhaps even make the PTT pane transparent so its always on top and still see through it.

Ivan W1VAN
testing TT0.1.0.5
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

W1VAN wrote:If the PTT pane could float on top of all windows programs. maybe a check in a setup menu for PTT pane "always on top" So a dispatcher could work on other computer work and still have the PTT available, without having to change programs to get where the PTT is. Perhaps even make the PTT pane transparent so its always on top and still see through it.

Ivan W1VAN
testing TT0.1.0.5
Hi Ivan,

A very interesting concept - I'll investigate this!

cheers
Will
Living proof 2021