User interface

Please start a new thread for each new topic. This will allow for easy tracking and hopefully, contributions by others
W1VAN

Re: User interface

Post by W1VAN »

just 25 questions gets your ham license http://www.wia.org.au/licenses/foundation/about/

on my wish list, is for Will to get his ham ticket

Ivan W1VAN
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Ha Ha Ha - you're a dill W1VAN ;)

But - I will look it up now! :D

cheers
Will
Geriatrics Generate Methane.
Grafitti Clifton Hill 1974
Living proof 2021
no7rf

Post by no7rf »

Now that is a cool wish list item...will see where will puts it on that ever growing Wish List!
W1VAN wrote:just 25 questions gets your ham license http://www.wia.org.au/licenses/foundation/about/
on my wish list, is for Will to get his ham ticket

Ivan W1VAN
GaryL245

Post by GaryL245 »

Will, I have a question (wish list) on the GUI. On the window for the data message entry, the text box is about a dozen characters wide. Is it possible to enlarge the text message window so it shows more of the message. We will be entering larger messages into the system and it would be helpful to be able to see more of it to insure there are no errors in the typing.

Message Example: "Elderly male injured. 555 Lincoln Inn Rd Columbia, SC 29222 Victim is in the back yard next to fallen tree. Possible broken back and head injuries. Be advised, 32 foot python was seen next to the tree."

The messages seem to go through without any problem, but it would be nice to see more of what you are typing.

Second question - How can I get the map to show the location of the command radio if it is connected for GPS. I get all the subscriber radios, but have to enter the command radio location manually in the setup. Because this can be a mobile location, it would be nice to have the command radio let us know where we are. -- Gary
GaryL245

Post by GaryL245 »

Will, Is it possible to send a group text message? If so, I haven't worked it out yet. I'm having lots of fun playing with the system. I need to know how to use it by next Monday.. Do you know what the maximum size of the message being sent from TT is? (and can you tell me??)

We have limited availability of subscriber radios that are equipped with GPS so I don't have a lot of experience there yet. We will be running tests that span the state of South Carolina next week. We currently have the CBridge configured to pass all data messages and GPS traffic across all zones and channels(talk groups). During a disaster in South Carolina we have the ability to disconnect our CBridge and South Carolina from the PRN CBridge. (the PRN network covers five additional states and has 30 or more repeaters on it (plus 20 more from South Carolina). I'm not sure of the total number of users on the PRN network but guessing it's between 1000 and 1500 radios including South Carolina). South Carolina is normally the sixth state on the PRN network with about 20 repeaters and 450 users in South Carolina -- Gary
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Hi Gary,

A recent addition (it's always hard for me to decide where to add extra functionality).
  1. Right Click on a Group in the Contact List - select "Send Text"
  2. Alternatively, you could set "Send Text" as the default Dbl Click action for a Group item - set-up is from configuration Company Page.
If you can suggest an alternative way - please feel free to suggest it.

I hope that helps (so many undocumented features :().

cheers
Will
Living proof 2021
GaryL245

Post by GaryL245 »

Will, I will try and set that up. the first option should work fine. Still learning how to use the software.... -- Gary
GaryL245

Post by GaryL245 »

Will, did you see the message from today sent at 12:04 about the message window size? -- Gary
GaryL245

Post by GaryL245 »

Will, I set up a GROUP for text message - ALL RADIOS. I used a ID of 16777215 which I think is all units. looks like it did not get received by any. Thoughts??? -- Gary
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Hi Gary,

The odds are your radio(s) aren't programmed correctly - radio programming is not my forte.

I suggest you speak with some of the Hams that have been successfully using TT for for quite some time.
Others have tested these areas for me and claimed they were working for them.

CPS programming is "Dark Magic" to me.

regards
Will B
Living proof 2021