Using TransTRBO to talk to user radio connected to a PC

Please start a new thread for each new topic. This will allow for easy tracking and hopefully, contributions by others
GaryL245

Using TransTRBO to talk to user radio connected to a PC

Post by GaryL245 »

Question: Is anyone using TransTRBO in a scenario where there is a PC at the other end? We are looking at using TT for emergency operations and want to be able to communicate to a DMR radio that can send back medical information. It would be much easier if the "User" radio could enter that information through a PC application than attempt to enter it through the microphone numeric keypad? Thanks, -- Gary
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Using TransTRBO to talk to user radio connected to a PC

Post by Administrator »

Hi Gary,

Have you had a look at TTServer/TTService which is "stalled" awaiting user feedback.
http://www.transtrbo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=59

Also FWIW maybe Text messaging - it should work with Far End running a Lap top with TransTRBO running on it?
LOL I even have a small test app that runs Text, GPS, ICMP, Google Maps just for testing also, there is XcmpXnl.exe which is the Test Harness aka a PC based Remote radio Head.

I'll add some screen shots below ...

Please explain a bit more - does much text need to be transferred etc ?

cheers
Will

Remote Radio Head (XcmpXnl.exe)

MTNetTester Text, GPS, Google Maps + ICMP
- including return Text captured by TransTRBO
#1. TMS/Text messaging server
#2. Text receive and other messages
#3. Text response capture by TransTRBO (it was running on the same PC as MTNetTester)

Geriatrics Generate Methane.
Grafitti Clifton Hill 1974
Living proof 2021
GaryL245

Post by GaryL245 »

Will, I believe your vision fits our needs. For the moment we would like to have similar capability at each end to send messages and receive text messages. If I receive a text message from the dispatcher: example -

(dispatch) "What medical supplies do you require?"
(User at Emergency Shelter) We require 25 cots, 100 body bags, 2 pallets of water, 100 emergency medical kits-level 1. Note; we also have 6 patents that need emergency transport to hospital."
(Dispatch) "Please send information on patients for transport"
(User at Emergency Shelter) "Patent one is white male, age 35, two broken legs and possible internal injuries." ((Repeated for all 6 patients))

If we can use a PC application at the "User" end connected to a DMR radio that would allow messages from dispatch to be received and displayed then responded two it would be most helpful.

Hope that helps... -- Gary
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Hi Gary,

Volunteer organisation are NOT restricted to 1 x TransTRBO license - would that solve the immediate problem?

The only caveat that I could add to this is the limit on the maximum number of Text Characters allowed in a TMS message.
TransTRBO also has the facility to send a Text message to a Group - I'm not sure if it's easily available on a Touch Screen.
Text messaging is - but feedback (and character counting may need to be re-examined by me.

TMS direct to Radio (Toolbar)

TMS to Group via Contact Menu
(not sure about Touch Screen)

TMS keyPad - Touch Screen version is bigger

cheers
Will
Living proof 2021
spartan

Post by spartan »

Am I understanding this correctly, there would be two TT systems on the same radio network? Basically two dispatchers in remote locations that would have the ability to communicate with each other via radio using TT, with job ticketing and email to/from the dispatchers via the MotoTRBO SMS function?
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Hi John,

IIRC TransTRBO+ PC - can be added to any number of unique radios on a radio network.
Thus TT would just become a Radio => PC => Radio bi-directional converter for Digital and/or Voice services.

There would be a number of caveats (true or not - I'm not sure):-
CAVEATS
  1. One Radio/PC should be considered the Master - for ARS, GPS, etc
  2. Each Radio running TT should have a unique Radio ID/Number
  3. Remote radios - should NOT enable ARS etc (If GPS is required - may need a further radio to monitor the GPS Data channel)
:idea: For simplicity's sake the remote TT/Radio could disable Audio & use the Radio's mic/speakers - TT would then just supply digital services.

REMOTE Radio's TT Configuration

#1. Company Information page
#2. Suggest Touch Screen - if available no mouse required)
#3. Set the default Double Click for Contact List ..
#4. Send a Text

#1. Data Services page
#2. Ensure ARS Server is disabled (Only Master should have his enabled)

#1. GPS/LRRP Settings page
#2. Ensure GPS Server is disabled (Only Master should have his enabled)

#1. Audio Mixer page
#2. Suggest disable Audio and use Radio Mic/Speakers

As to Job Ticketing + email - I don't think they are implemented atm.

cheers
Will
Living proof 2021
spartan

Post by spartan »

Got ya! Interesting concept. I can see where this would be useful for a relay of data services and voice traffic in the absence of a repeater. Might have to give this a try. In the past, when we had very distant units - one would have to basically act as a relay, and that clogged up comms a lot. Using a second radio on a second simplex frequency helped some, but it was still cumbersome, especially when data was relayed via voice (coordinates, canned messages, etc). Might toy around with this and see what we can do with it. Thanks for the info!