Contact list find

Please start a new thread for each new topic. This will allow for easy tracking and hopefully, contributions by others
g0ras

Contact list find

Post by g0ras »

Hi,

It can be a little difficult, if you have a lot of contacts in the contact list to find the contacts you want.
Maybe a find field that would allow you to enter the number or name used for the contact, or part of the name.

As only contacts have the right click to select the function you want to perform, it is more difficult.

In addition, when you have found the contact, highlighting multiple contacts may be useful, so if you wanted for example to move them all to favourites they can all be done at once.

The right click function to allow text message, private alert.... on the favourite contacts may be useful as well.

Seems to work ok for a small number of contacts.
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Contact list find

Post by Administrator »

Hi g0ras,

Thanks for the ideas - I just have to make sure I get them right in my head.

:idea: #1. Search Subscribers/Radio
:?: How about I add a "Find" Function to the Subscriber Right Click menu (underneath Add new Radio)?

:idea: #2.
As only contacts have the right click to select the function you want to perform, it is more difficult.
:?: #2. Not sure what this means?

:idea: #3. Selection of multiple Subscribers
:?: #3. I'm not sure how often this would be required?

:idea: #4. "The right click function to allow text message, private alert"
:?: #4. Sounds good.

Soon to be added to the "To Do" list ;)

cheers and thanks
Will
Geriatrics Generate Methane.
Grafitti Clifton Hill 1974
Living proof 2021
g0ras

Post by g0ras »

Hi Will,

thanks for the reply, hope this will help..

#2 I was referring to the difficulty to locate a user to send text, radio check, alerts or call to.
The alternative is to have the text, radio check, alert or call options available to your favourite contacts.

#3 selecting multiple contacts would be useful if you have a large list and want to select a group and put them in your favourites list, so probably not used too often as you say.

Hope this may help clarify the request.

Regards

Vic
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

g0ras wrote:Hi Will,

thanks for the reply, hope this will help..

#2 I was referring to the difficulty to locate a user to send text, radio check, alerts or call to.
The alternative is to have the text, radio check, alert or call options available to your favourite contacts.

#3 selecting multiple contacts would be useful if you have a large list and want to select a group and put them in your favourites list, so probably not used too often as you say.

Hope this may help clarify the request.

Regards

Vic
Hi Vic,

Noted! 8-)

cheers
Will
Geriatrics Generate Methane.
Grafitti Clifton Hill 1974
Living proof 2021