Tested Radios

A list of tested and supported MOTOTRBO(TM) radios
Jutod

Re: Tested Radios

Post by Jutod »

Everything working well with a XPR4500 (the model without a GPS, which is not a very common model). This radio is an excellent choice for the connected Control Station since it doesn't need a GPS and is a fixed station.
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Hi Jutod,

Thanks for the update - but here's a tip which probably isn't documented:-

1. A GPS enabled "portable" Base Station Radio, a laptop plus a vehicle, can be used to track your own vehicle (i.e a boat etc)
Just enter your Base Station Radio number as though it was any other remote radio in the GPS "poll" list.

If anyone is doing this, please let me know and I'll think about doing a proper integration, including a moving "Base" Icon, centralising the maps etc.

cheers
Will
Geriatrics Generate Methane.
Grafitti Clifton Hill 1974
Living proof 2021
Jutod

Post by Jutod »

Hi Will,

Yes that is good info for using TT in vehicle and track yourself with the TT connected radio.

Thanks for the idea!!
Todd
NLewis

Post by NLewis »

Works good with the XPR 7550
KF5WRL

Post by KF5WRL »

Just bought a brand new XPR 5550 VHF High Power and it is ready to see what Trans TRBO will do for it.
Anyone else here use the XPR 5550?

Heath
(KF5WRL)
W1VAN

Post by W1VAN »

I am using the vhf high power xpr5550 with a Hytera repeater seems to work the same as a moto repeater, I will have to test the mapping and gps with the hytera repeater next.

also I have tested TT with xpr4350 xpr4500 xpr4550 xpr6500 xpr6550 and a dgm4601
I have found with the xpr 5550 the PTT does not make the talk tone when keyed up from the monitor.
Sifter

Post by Sifter »

I dont see the XPR7550 on the list, any need testing these? Ive got 2 sitting here on my desk.
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Sifter wrote:I dont see the XPR7550 on the list, any need testing these? Ive got 2 sitting here on my desk.
Hi Sifter,

Motorola uses use different names for similar models depending on your region.

If you are a Ham or wish to assist with testing TransTRBO please read this link :D
http://www.transtrbo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=47

cheers
Will

P.S. A new release is imminent - I've just been checking ARS atm
Geriatrics Generate Methane.
Grafitti Clifton Hill 1974
Living proof 2021
GaryL245

Post by GaryL245 »

Will, A couple of comments on the radios. I'm using for the command radio - Motorola 5550 mobile and Motorola 7550 Portable. Both radios seem to be working correctly except for a couple of areas. I believe that both problems are from the way that you read the screen.
1. When doing a radio user list download, the user(subscriber) radio ID number is not brought over in the unknown list and has to be filled in manually. In my case this is a bit of a hassle as there are about 500 users in South Carolina that are in my user list (about 1500 users on our local DMR network).
2. When doing a zone/channel(talk group) download from the command radio, the zone name is not carried over to the list and has to be entered manually. Again, not a big issue except I have about 50 zones in the radio that have to be entered manually. Each time a change is made, I have to reenter the complete list of zone names. Is it possible to do a spread sheet that can be read into the database? (or get the software to download the zone name?)

Once entered, either automatically or manually, it works correctly. -- Gary
GaryL245

Post by GaryL245 »

Thanks for the update - but here's a tip which probably isn't documented:-

1. A GPS enabled "portable" Base Station Radio, a laptop plus a vehicle, can be used to track your own vehicle (i.e a boat etc)
Just enter your Base Station Radio number as though it was any other remote radio in the GPS "poll" list.

If anyone is doing this, please let me know and I'll think about doing a proper integration, including a moving "Base" Icon, centralising the maps etc.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Will, I been trying this and I am not getting a response from the control radio. In this case, the control radio is a Motorola 5550 with an external GPS antenna connected to it. GPS is turned on and I can read the LAT/LONG on the display. It is in the poll list but never returns a GPS response.

I think this option is a very viable addition for emergency operations as you never know where Incident Command will be located. It could be in a field in the middle of know where. -- Gary