Download TransTRBO Unicode String File

Download and discuss Dutch Translation for TransTRBO.
Administrator
Site Admin

Download TransTRBO Unicode String File

Post by Administrator »

Hi guys,

You can download the Dutch (initial English strings) unicode text file from:-
(See link below).

Edit your Dutch.ini with your standard text editor.

In the INI file there are two items per line. On the left side of the equals sign stands the original language. The right side has to be replaced by the new language.

Code: Select all

"English text"="Dutch text" 
(With thanks to Konrad Windszus for his freeware app LocalizeRC).

When you are finished with your translation please email it to me. I will probably have to adjust some of the Dialog/Wizard boxes to accommodate varying string lengths.

Please ask about any Dutch related translations in this section.

cheers
Will
Geriatrics Generate Methane.
Grafitti Clifton Hill 1974
Living proof 2021
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Download TransTRBO Unicode String File

Post by Administrator »

Hi guys,

You volunteer groups have got to hand it to these Hams - they are freely volunteering their time into translating this dispatcher program for "Search and Rescue" groups plus "Red Cross" and other Volunteer groups - from English to your language.

Cor B is a retiree like me, and he has offered to translate this Mototrbo(TM) application into Dutch, I hope you appreciate his efforts as much as I do.

Now @Cor - you should be able to download the strings from http://www.transtrbo.com/files/Localise ... RBONLD.ini, some things like "TransTRBO" and other contributor's or my name and copyright don't need translation.

I will try and post a few English dialogs shortly so it may help you in this difficult task.

Eventually, the Dutch Red Cross may appreciate your efforts, as much as the Italian ones appreciate Armando's and soon Antonio's translations ..

My thanks to Motorola Michael (@ USA) and Dietmar (@ EMEA) for accepting my efforts in supporting their great technology and use in volunteer organisations.

cheers
Will and Phill
(Australia)
Living proof 2021
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Download TransTRBO Unicode String File

Post by Administrator »

* * * UPDATE * * *

A few weeks ago Cor sent me his translation along with some very informative notes/questions. I'll post them shortly - to assist both me and any others.

Anyway, I finally created a Dutch DLL and sent it back to him for him to try (a lot of this is new to me as well) - so fingers crossed that it all works.
(DLL is using the latest compile - while he will be using Vn 0.1.1.5 - Heck - I should test that here ... brb - it's working on Vn 0.1.1.6 :D ).

cheers
Will
Living proof 2021