Using multipal radios with the same TransTRBO

This section will assist with your initial set up of TransTRBO.
GaryL245

Using multipal radios with the same TransTRBO

Post by GaryL245 »

Will, I am currently running my TransTRBO using a Motorola 7550 Portable. My ultimate goal is to use a Motorola 5550 Mobile radio. Can I use both of these radios (at different times) with a single copy of TransTRBO once each has been registered or do I need to have two separate copies of TransTRBO? At one time, I had each of these radios as a control radio, but I believe I had deleted and reloaded the TransTRBO software when I changed radios. I noticed that I have a SQLite file for each of the radios in the SQLite sub directory.

As a second issue, I'm still having a problem with receiving the GPS information from the subscriber radio (and the control radio). Everything else seems to be working good. I'm thinking about deleting everything and starting with a fresh version of TransTRBO. What's your opinion on starting over? I really would like to have everything working in 10 days, but can't seem to resolve the GPS issue. I'm sure it's on my end in the radio configuration or TT configuration and not TransTRBO's software issue. -- Gary
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Using multipal radios with the same TransTRBO

Post by Administrator »

Hi Gary,

TT can use any number of different Base Station radios and will generate a separate Registry/MySQL/SQLite Database for each radio. Originally, Phill would travel to different Bus Depots with a Laptop and each radio would have different, Contacts, Zones Channels, Emergency Button sequences etc.

So, yes it will do that and - you don't need to reload/reinstall TransTRBO but you will need a license key for each radio (unless "Specific Computer any Radio" selection still works?).

Each new radio will need to read the contacts plus Zones/Channels.
:arrow: Each time TT connects to a radio it checks the radio's serial number and if that number is registered it will load the correct Database.

cheers
Will

P.S. With any joy - TT Vn 0.1.1.7 will be released today :shock: (3 Mar 2016)
Geriatrics Generate Methane.
Grafitti Clifton Hill 1974
Living proof 2021
GaryL245

Post by GaryL245 »

Thanks Will. I have several different registration numbers. I know I had both radios working at on time. I will try and set it up tonight with the 5550 and get the generated number to you so you can send a new registration. The one I have for that radio no longer works. Then I need to really go through the codeplug and see if I can find a problem. I sure would like to see if I can get all the issues cleaned up by next week.

By the way, I saw the video of the crane coming down last week. Pretty scary. -- Gary
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Hi Gary,

If you re-install TransTRBO (TT) then you'll always need new keys.

So if TT is already installed - I suggest for updates - you download the "Update" Zipfile i.e TransTRBO_0117.zip extract the files and copy them to your install folder. You can then just keep adding Radio licenses - for your radios.

FYI: I've found Dan and Phill's comments/emails about setting up ARS and will try to update your thread as soon as Vn 0.1.1.7 update is posted (now in progress).

cheers
Will
Geriatrics Generate Methane.
Grafitti Clifton Hill 1974
Living proof 2021