My initial concept

What I'd like to see the Application do ..
Suggestions from others would be appreciated
Administrator
Site Admin

My initial concept

Post by Administrator »

Hi all,

Here is what I am hoping to achieve - with bespoke (custom) apps for each operator. An app could be written (when Data Services are added) to monitor for email and convert it to a TMS message and then sent it to 1 or more remote radios - it could even await a response from that radio(s) and reply to the email's original sender ...

IMO separate apps would be easier to make and maintain unlike a single centralised system!

Want Job ticketing? Then produce an App that just does that and ignore the rest of the functionality.
Do it for the OS that suits you in the language (coding, written and verbal) language that suits you.

Geriatrics Generate Methane.
Grafitti Clifton Hill 1974
Living proof 2021
DSanders

Re: My initial concept

Post by DSanders »

Hey Will!

So we're now going ahead with the new control software and we are using an SMS gateway via a HTML based link. What we'd like to do is clone this, so we can point the trbo app (whatever it turns out to be) towards the incoming location and get it to listen out for the same messages, and send them out as well to the radio.

The API we are using is here: https://www.textmagic.com/docs/api/start/

I've already had a play with TTServer/Service and had it running quite well, but don't know where to go from there!

cheers
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Hi DSanders,

Sorry about late reply!

Please explain how far you got with TTServer - that may help clarify the position.

I currently don't have much time to research other apps - sorry!

cheers
Living proof 2021
Rttmk74

Post by Rttmk74 »

There are many apps that can help businesses perform certain functions with ease. I have come to know about an app that provides text messaging service for business. It can make things easier to send and receive a large number of business messages from different parties. I would like to get this app for my business.
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Hi Rttmk74,

Sorry, but I'm not sure I understand the question?

Are you seeking an Application that sends/receives Text Messages for use by a Company/Business?

The TransTrbo Windows App does this via a Base Station radio.

TTServer/TTService is a Windows based Radio Request Server (test software)
  1. The Radio Request Server communicates locally or across a network via TCP/IP to Client Applications.
  2. This allows people to write their own Client Apps, requesting radio information or controlling the radio.
  3. The Client App can be written in any languages and on any platforms that can handle TCP/IP.
  4. The Radio Request Server can also connect concurrently to 8 x base station radios and any number of Client Applications.
If you don't wish to write your own Application, please describe what you need the Application to do.

regards
Will Beattie
Living proof 2021
Danieleffib

Re: NAI Voice feature.

Post by Danieleffib »

Has anyone explored the potential ethical concerns and implications of integrating NAI Voice feature into Transit TRBO, considering its potential to simulate human voices and the potential for misuse in various contexts such as impersonation or fraud?