Overview

TransTRBO Remote Radio Head emulator.
For some Motorola(TM) Radios.
To access new software releases - you must join the forums.
Administrator
Site Admin

Overview

Post by Administrator »

Hi guys,

I am proposing to combine two currently working tools to make a Remote Radio Head emulator.

I will use parts of the existing XcmpXnl.exe test tool plus add the interface to the existing remote TTService/Server.

XcmpXnl.exe was our original test Motorola(TM) DMR radio/windows executable that allowed us to test a number of "engines" used within the TransTRBO.exe Dispatcher application.

They included Command & Control of the attached Base Station Radio plus VOIP To/From the PC & Radio.
Plus Emulation of the attached radio's Display & Visual Indicators.

Also we've added interrogation of the radio's available information including Zones/Channels plus Contact names, Contact Numbers & possible Contact Type!
Not always successful - but we may be able to enhance this information by "parsing" the text or html output from Motorola's CPM application!

Support, feedback & other bug detecting will be appreciated!

The usual deal - free to Volunteer Organisations & selected Hams! ;)

cheers
Will & Phill

Geriatrics Generate Methane.
Grafitti Clifton Hill 1974
Living proof 2021
JFR

Re: Overview

Post by JFR »

Awesome! I would love to help test this out if you are looking for people. I just freed up a XPR4500 and a computer to run TransTRBO... just need some time to set it all up.

-John, KB1MOG
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Overview

Post by Administrator »

Hi JFR,

You & Ivan will be first on the list.

FYI: the Server/Service side is already running - you can read about it here:-
http://www.transtrbo.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=46

Please feel free to peruse & if you want to try it & give me feedback on the "Setup procedure" I'd really appreciate that!
I'll have to refresh my memory of that project in the near future!

I just remember that it will control up to 8 x radios at the same time but like most of my trial projects the UI for the Server/Service is a bit clunky!
Here is the link to the documents: http://www.transtrbo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=60

This image may give you an Idea of progress to date
  • The 8 x Radio Server Prototype is running (has been for about 2 x years
  • The Remote Radio Head Application - needs to be specified & implemented
  • [Several Test applications exist. These were used to test most of the Remote Radio Head (RRH) functionality does work (Command & Control + VOIP) etc]

Don't get bogged down in the protocol - that was for those who want to experiment.
The RRH will be a complete (turnkey) Win32 Application.

cheers
Will
Geriatrics Generate Methane.
Grafitti Clifton Hill 1974
Living proof 2021