Post by Administrator »

Is ARS enabled?
Geriatrics Generate Methane.
Grafitti Clifton Hill 1974
Living proof 2021
GaryL245

Re: Tested Radios

Post by GaryL245 »

Yes, I am receiving GPS locations from the user (subscriber) radios with no problem. -- Gary
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Hi Gary,

If you want a mobile Base Station to send a GPS position then - the same rule applies - ARS must be enabled on the Mobile Base Station with the destination ARS Radio Id is the Base Station Radio Id (Look for call-out "Normally Blank")

cheers
Will
Living proof 2021
GaryL245

Post by GaryL245 »

Thanks Will, Missed that one. I should have caught it.. -- Gary
GaryL245

Post by GaryL245 »

OK, Made the changes as above. Still not getting GPS location from base radio. still no problem with subscribers.. -- Gary
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Hi Gary,

The odds are your radio(s) aren't programmed correctly - radio programming is not my forte.

I suggest you speak with some of the Hams that have been successfully using TT for for quite some time.
Others have tested these areas for me and claimed they were working for them.

CPS programming is "Dark Magic" to me.

regards
Will B
Living proof 2021
GaryL245

Post by GaryL245 »

This is open to anyone: I am using a Motorola 5550 as a control station with my TransTRBO software. The amateur DMR network I'm on is in the Carolina's. It includes 6 states, about 50 UHF DMR repeaters and a 1000 to 1500 users. I'm located in South Carolina. Per DMR-MARC we are assigned specific 7 digit radio ID numbers. In South Carolina we are assigned 3145xxx (where xxx is your specific number). We want to use TransTRBO to communicate voice and text from our Emergency Operations Center or remote communications trailer. With lots of help, I have worked through a number of issues (mostly on my end..) I still need to resolve two issues; First, I can't get TransTRBO to see the GPS from the Control Radio. Per everything I've found, it's configured correctly. That will simplify knowing where you're at when in the trailer as it could be anywhere. Second, We want to be able to send a text message to everyone at once (preferably with one transmission and auto acknowledge on). I have tried several different methods that were suggested on the TTSF to no avail. I will be trying a new "all-call" talk group (ID number 16777215) later today or tomorrow. if that fails, I'm at a loss. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. -- Gary

On the GPS issue, The Motorola 5550 has the external GPS antenna attached and is receiving solid GPS readings. I am having no problem receiving GPS readings from user (subscriber) radios on the Google map. -- Gary
GaryL245

Post by GaryL245 »

The odds are your radio(s) aren't programmed correctly - radio programming is not my forte.

I suggest you speak with some of the Hams that have been successfully using TT for for quite some time.
Others have tested these areas for me and claimed they were working for them.

CPS programming is "Dark Magic" to me.

regards
Will B
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will, we share the same opinion for CPS... (and I use it frequently..) -- Gary
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Hi Gary,

You must manually add the Base Station Radio to the "Poll List" - this is just a work-around until I get some time to decide how to do it properly and move the "Green Pin" as well. Currently the Green Pin will not move - so that may be the problem.

By manually adding the Base Station radio - it will be assigned a "Red/White Pin number and treated just like a roving radio.

Now I have someone to test this (=> YOU <=) lets start working towards a solution.

I think I need to add something to the GPS configuration to indicate that the Base Station is mobile and not fixed - after that I should be able to auto add the BS to the Poll List and move the Green (home) Pin as well.

Gary - a new item for the wish list please :D
i.e. => "Adding a mobile GPS Enabled Base Station" <=

cheers
Will
Living proof 2021
kf5wrl1

Post by kf5wrl1 »

XPR 4500 seems to be working.