radio not registered?????

This section will assist with your initial set up of TransTRBO.
KF5WRL

radio not registered?????

Post by KF5WRL »

I have done the checklist as much as i can and i have an XPR 5550 VHf and the trbo software says not registered in the lower left then says discontinued.

Need help.

Heath
W1VAN

Re: radio not registered?????

Post by W1VAN »

did you send Will your radio info for the keys?

Ivan W1VAN
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Hi Ivan,

Phill and I have been helping this chap a fair bit behind the scenes - but I'm stumped atm.
The only thing I have left:- in the early days, really old Motorola radio firmware wouldn't communicate properly for the version of XCMP and XNL that I was using in TransTRBO.

I have suggested he check his radio firmware version number and upgrade it accordingly.

cheers
Will
Geriatrics Generate Methane.
Grafitti Clifton Hill 1974
Living proof 2021
KF5WRL

Post by KF5WRL »

Ok, here I go:

I had a system setup with other Motorola software, Astro, Astro25, Mototrbo CPS as well as the add on items dealing with system keys and so forth. I had blue tooth setup for a PAN and NO MATTER what I did I kept getting the registration error which means the software and radio have a hiccup and can't talk to each other.

Will told me to try fresh on another system which I did. the other system got the blue tooth PAN setup, the Mototrbo driver setup as well as Transtrbo and what do you know?? It worked, first try. I have no idea what the other system was doing to cause a hiccup.

On this main system I got the GPS good to go (testing on digital simplex) and getting google maps and everything ready to go and it is coming along nicely. The one thing I am working on is audio. I have audio sinc enabled on the blue tooth and in Transtrbo, I am on my PC using the headset with its mic for communications with the feature enable in settings but I can't hear anything. Does anyone have some tidbits for getting audio up and running?

Thank you,

Heath
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Hi Heath,
Thanks for persevering with this problem.

So, does anyone else using TransTRBO have these apps running - as we are now trying to determine what is causing these conflicts - any contributions would be appreciated.

cheers
Will B
Living proof 2021
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

*** Update ***

TransTRBO will only run on an Administrator level account. On Vista and above I also think that is must also be "Run as Administrator".

If your account does not have access rights to the Registry and some folders then storing data into the Registry will fail (silently :( ).

cheers
Will
Living proof 2021