Backup Ideas

Please start a new thread for each new topic. Topics may end up in the FAQ ...
PSummerhawk

Backup Ideas

Post by PSummerhawk »

Ok so the hard disk crashed on the laptop, and I mean hard crash, lost everything. So starting over again on the program but was thinking "If there was a way to back up the program itself, like copy the whole folder to a flash drive....." Well you see where I am going with this. Would it still keep the registration information and such if you moved it back after a OS crash? Anyone done this and have it work? Just throwing out a suggestion here as Will and I have been talking on this and it would be good to have a backup of the program someplace to keep it safe and sound?

Thoughts?
g6fgy

Re: Backup Ideas

Post by g6fgy »

Making a complete 'clone' of the hard drive works with no issues. That way, you have a complete backup of all the files, programmes and system data on the disc from the time it was cloned. Ok, so you have a cloned hard drive sitting unused in a drawer somewhere, but at least you know you've got a complete working drive ready to change over in the event of catastrophic failure of the type you mention.

I recently cloned my 2 640 Gb drives running Linux with Windows 10 as a 'virtual machine' to 2x 1Tb drives (which I'm now using) and all data and various registrations are still active & valid on both Linux & Windows - including TransTRBO

Eric - G6FGY (UK)