Canned Responses

Please start a new thread for each new topic. This will allow for easy tracking and hopefully, contributions by others
spartan

Canned Responses

Post by spartan »

Not sure if this is implemented and I just missed it or not, but canned, or automated responses from users to the TT radio and back.

Example 1
User 1 in the field sends a text to TT for a location on User 2, who is in the field as well. TT responds to User 1 with User 2's location via text

Example 2
User 3 sends a text to TT for the weather (or something), and TT auto replies with the data.

Example 3
TT dispatcher sends an "all call" text from a list of predefined messages (just like in the radio) but the data is variable, such as the current location of the base, or the weather, etc. which can be selected from a menu or a list

I understand the radios have the ability to send pre-defined messages as written to the radio from the CPS, but specific query/response via text would be a big help - mainly querying another users location from another user who is obviously not at the TT console to see everyone on the map.

Too much? Sorry, it's late! But in playing with our MDC stuff, I figured this would be an awesome addition. If it's in TT already I'm certainly an idiot and didnt see it!
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Canned Responses

Post by Administrator »

Hi John,

Sounds interesting - "canned responses" to me have always been "canned voice responses"!

But, this sounds quite "do-able" - as IMO it is really an automated Text response to a Recognised Text command ...

Let me think about this ... as I'm still upgrading the web-site for allowing automatic Time-Trial and Volunteer Registration.

I can code it - if you can "spec" it!
So, have a think about it ..
i.e.
1. BSR (Base Station Radio) receives a Text Message (implies "canned messages" must be enabled and stored some where).
2. BSR determines Text Message is really a "Command" & "canned messages" are enabled"
3. This implies a fixed "canned message" format i.e. say first 4 x characters as a Header - "#BSR#"
4. Then the command request follows i.e. "GetLocation:<radioNumber>"
(or "LastActive:<radioNumber>" or ...)
5. BSR then responds with Text message repeating the Header + "command request followed by the answer?

Have a look at the doco for this partially complete Project http://www.transtrbo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=60 - especially the TextMessageFormat.pdf
It may give you an idea of what can be done!
(correct spelling would be essential thus Remote Radio's "canned Text message" would be helpful.

cheers
Will
Geriatrics Generate Methane.
Grafitti Clifton Hill 1974
Living proof 2021