Lost admin password

Please start a new thread for each new topic. Topics may end up in the FAQ ...
chrisberesford

Lost admin password

Post by chrisberesford »

Hi,
I've managed to forget / lose the admin password I set up on a PC I haven't used for a while. Can someone remind me of the default admin account details please (incase I never changed it) and also if there is a way I can circumvent or reset the password if this doesn't work. I'm happy negotiating my way around the Windows Registry, but some idea of the schema or what to look for would be great.

Thanks
Chris
G0RZR

Re: Lost admin password

Post by G0RZR »

Did you ever find any information how to do this Chris ?
I tried to open up our copy today after a couple of months changing shack and can't for the life of me remember what the password is !

I can't help thinking that this has happened in the past with this software and I had to reinstall it again, then apply for another licence .......

Regards,

Mick
chrisberesford

Post by chrisberesford »

Hi Mick,
Nope, I never found out how to do this. I think I need to reinstall, but I'm remote from the 4 PCs involved, and it's quite a job to get them set up with the radios to generate the string.

Hoping this reply might bump the thread - Will, any advice appreciated, even if it is to reinstall.

Chris
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Hi Chris,

I've sent you a temporary username/password combo via email.
It's been a while since I wrote that code - I'll have to look into it.

cheers
Will

P.S. If all else fails a reinstall will fix it but you'll need to get another key ...
Geriatrics Generate Methane.
Grafitti Clifton Hill 1974
Living proof 2021