garyL245

A little bit about TransTRBO forums and Introduce yourself.
GaryL245

garyL245

Post by GaryL245 »

Hi all, I’ve been working with TransTRBO for about a year. Most of my communications has been by email with Will (who has been great to work with I might add..). I started to use the Forum several months ago and found this section. I’m also a long time ham. Actually, a REALLY long time ham. I was first licensed in 1955. I retired a couple of years ago, but am very active with the State Emergency Operations Center, SCHEART (South Carolina Healthcare Emergency Amateur Radio Team (SCHEART.US If your interested in our repeater network)), DHEC and CERT. SCHEART maintains three different statewide amateur networks. VHF FM, UHF FM and UHF DMR. The system was originally put together to insure communications in a major disaster after hurricane Hugo hit South Carolina in 1989. I work with some really fantastic people installing and maintaining the DMR system. Our interest in adding TransTRBO to our DMR network is with SCHEART. TransTRBO gives us the ability to communicate by data and not voice when passing medical information. Hopefully, decreasing errors when conveying information and adding a little bit more privacy. Being able to track vehicles and individuals is also a super added benefit. I look forward to incorporating TransTRBO into our emergency system. -- Gary

Gary Lennert
K2KYJ
garyL245 at aol.com
Columbia, SC
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: garyL245

Post by Administrator »

Hi Gary,

It was great to read your intro - and OMG - you have been a Ham for a heck of a long time (61 x years :o ). Well done!
Its very interesting to read about your volunteer works as well.

It seems that quite a few Hams can combine their hobby and free time into producing a larger community benefit. :D

cheers
Will B
Geriatrics Generate Methane.
Grafitti Clifton Hill 1974
Living proof 2021